And you can't smoke in any of this coffee places...I'm pretty sure coffee was invented by people who were smoking anyways. And they just wanted to invent something so they can stay up late and SMOKE FUCKIN' MORE! That's my theory. Just ask me or Columbo, he'll back me up on this one.» Denis Leary

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

“La Apestosa” - José Luís Cuevas

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I stay at the bar, alongside two other alone strangers. I see Nora and La Chihuahua and greet them in the distance. Eva comes down from the dark floor above, an elderly gentleman follows her. Nora sees her in the stairs and says – “You fucking Eva, did you do it two times? Eva jokes, and answers back “No, four”, she leaves her purse on a table and goes to the toilets, the gentleman washes his hands, she comes back and rinses her mouth (her oral caressing abilities are well known and have made Eva famous). Alcohol and sex, things around here can be summed up in those two words.

So what brings me here, to this small sanctuary of men and women over-enthusiastic about booze and lust? Why go to “La Apestosa” (the Smelly one) instead of any other place?

No comments:

Blog Archive